I prefer to edit all text in BBEdit, but it's obviously not a notebook app.
It would be great to store writings in a dedicated notebook app (e.g. Bear
or Agenda) and be able to edit them in BBEdit. It would feel sort of like
using BBEdit as a service. Has anyone figured out a clever workflow?

Sure, I realize I can:

1. Copy a doc's text from the notebook app
2. Create a new BBEdit doc
3. Paste in, proceed with editing
4. Delete the BBEdit doc, and
5. Paste back into the notebook app

...but that's awfully clunky.

Beyond the many keystrokes, I'm concerned about versioning confusion. I
might stall in the editing - i.e. not paste back into the notebook app -
 and forget there's a newer version afloat in an untitled BBEdit doc. I
could failsafe this problem by cutting, rather than copying, out of the
notebook app (so there's only the latest version of the text), but this,
too, is clunky.

I'm supposing I can't create a seamless experience that's exactly what I
want, but any tips to smooth this out any would be appreciated.

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>