David,

I have the same issue that I solved with a trivial bit of AppleScript (I think
Christopher Stone was part of it too):

https://mac4translators.blogspot.com/2018/07/open-file-in-your-editor-of-choice.html

And to easily launch your script without using shortcuts, I have this :

https://mac4translators.blogspot.com/2018/07/easily-launch-scripts-from-spotlight.html

And Chris will probably jump in to talk about Fastscript or some other
wondermagical solution he has :)

Jean-Christophe

> On Oct 23, 2018, at 4:58, David Brostoff <dav...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Usually I want .html files to open in a web browser, but often I want them to
> open in BBEdit.
>
> Dragging files to the BBEdit icon in the Dock or using File > Open can get
> tedious though.
>
> Is there a way to make this easier, preferably via a keyboard shortcut?
>
> Thank you,
>
> David
>
> --
> This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a
> feature request or need technical support, please email
> "supp...@barebones.com" rather than posting to the group.
> Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>
> ---

Jean-Christophe Helary