i'm a web developer, building sites with php and mysql (for the most part).
although i don't use all of bbedit's functionality it's the ultimate power
tool for what i (and apparently many others) do.

the developers have always been incredibly responsive, supportive,
proactive and consistently laugh with me rather than at me when i haven't
RTFM... especially patrick.  8-)

the global search and replace with grep allows me to spend more time on the
tennis court.

sftp, git and project support, applescriptability (and guys like chris
stone), no crashes, small footprint with big impact... what's not to like?

i first met them (and got bbedit) at macworld, long ago in another
galaxy.... the experience has been consistent and ever better.

bbedit is the reason i wake up every morning, look out my window, and see
this:

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 6:02:29 AM UTC-8, Cerulean wrote:

> I am just curious why someone may decide to choose BBEdit over other
> programs, what draws does it have that others don't?
> Thanks for your answers!

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>