Hmm.

If I create a test.py file, with the only contents being help(), I get Welcome
to Python 3.7's help utility!

If I choose the scripts menu item and run the Hello World.py, with the addition
of help() I get 2.7. But I notice that this file has:
#!/usr/local/bin/python

I tried editing it to be #!/usr/local/bin/python3 and that gives me 3.7

So it seems the shebang is respected if you put the path to a binary in it.

Oh, no.. if I do the same with the test.py script it is always 3.7 no matter
what I put in the shebang line.

Back to you!

Cheers,

Dave