Liheng Wang,

As I see it your fundamental problem is likely caused by an optional BBEdit feature where multiple documents open in one window rather than each of them opening in their own windows.

To fix this problem, go to main BBEdit Preferences ("BBEdit" menu item "Preferences") then choose the "Application" tab on the left, then make sure the checkbox at the top named "Open documents into the front window when possible" is NOT checked.

I always operate with documents in their own windows and find it works best.

With that setting correct, close and then re-open your documents, and upon re-opening each should be in its own window.

Then you can arrange the windows side-by-side as you wish.

-- Darren Duncan

On 2020-05-17 1:40 p.m., Liheng Wang wrote:
I have two files,
I need to compare them by myself.
but it hard to see them at same time.
My os is Mac
and I know a function is called "compare"
But, I Just want to see them at same time.
can I do that?

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need
technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.