I’ve been trying to automate a few things from the command line…automate
may not be the exact thing I’m actually doing right now, but, I would like
to go beyond using my zsh profile that should open terminal man-pages in
bbedit (a man page, default, text-editor), but, I’d like to save/store all
man pages that I open in terminal automatically into a file/series of txt
files files thru bbedit—I don’t necessarily need it to be the default
text-editor/how I view man-pages when I enter the man command in terminal.
So, I’ve started with customizing my .zshrc default profile with this:

export MANPAGER=”col -b | bbedit --clean --view-top”

I’m doing my best to not have the automatic text functions edit my
User/”me”/ , but, the spaces & lack of them, appear to be correct, so cut
and paste should be okay if you’re trying to set up as well, if you’re
using bash and not zsh, just use your default file, the argument.]

Doing this opens man pages in BBEdit instead of the regular man program or
list, but, I would like to save the man files I open. I thought this would
do so, but, I’m not sure it is and if it is I can’t find the man files in
my zshrc file. (also, my BBEdit file isn’t located where I used to have it,
right in my user path, alongside Yojimbo…but it’s not there

Anyway, how would you suggest I go about writing a script to “save” these
man-pages automatically to a ‘ManPage.txt’ file? I’m getting better at this
but, I’m still a bit unsure about messing with my files on my Mac. My
linux/pc—I am ONLY messing around with and restoring, but, I’m more careful
with my Mac, especially since its my main computer…the same reason I’m
exploring it more, but, carefully.

Ultimately, I would like to, use an automation like this, to print
everything my screen reader reads out, to bbedit and a daily txt file—at
least when I ask it to. Do you have any Ideas? How to go about this? Like,
could I use something like the above to “print” what my VoiceOver
screenreader is reading/higlighting, to a Text file using BBEdit?

Have you any Ideas? I know I went from probably a rather simple, to rather
complicated subject, but, in my head, the processes are similar…I’d
appreciate anyone's input/help. Even if it takes a little bit of
time/research to find out what the exact process is that reads the text
from a developer POV.
Anyway, what would you recommend about how to use BBEdit not just to open
terminal man-pages instead of their zsh program, but to automatically
“SAVE” them to a file permanently. Am I atleast on the right path? Is that
something that would require me to  write a simple script for? (I really
don’t have confidence in my abilities with scripts, but, I’m getting there.)

Thanks

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than