Hi,

I don't think this is a BBEdit problem, but using BBEdit was how I first
discovered this. And it doesn't seem to happen with non-text files.

I have files in a folder hierarchy, when I double-click a file to open it I get
this error message

> File not found (macOS error code: -43).

and

> File not found (macOS error code: -43).
>
> [CApplication.mm:5616]

First I thought it was a problem with Path Finder (which I normally use) but I
get the same result when I try in Finder.

If I move the enclosing folder to the Desktop I get the same error, but if I
move the file to the Desktop then I can open it. I tried open the file using
TextEdit but it doesn't open the file (but I get no error message).

This doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it works. And everything seems just
fine when using git, the files are checked in etc.

These are regular text files - markdown formatted with .md extension (I haven't
seen this on any other files ... but I'm mostly using text files). My only
guess here is that it

The files are all on the internal "disk", I'm using macOS 13.3.1 and Disk
Utility says everything is OK.

However, I just discovered that there is one common thing for these files: they
all have enclosing folders with the characters å, ä or ö in them, but this
shouldn't be a problem should it? Or is it git that is doing something strange
here?

I'm grateful for any advice.

= jem

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than