I've very recently seen the same when running in Terminal.

ls   -  listed the file OK

find  - couldn't see it

cat  - said file does not exis

logout/login  - all OK again

BBedit was NOT running, so this is not a BBedit problem.

On 5/7/23 4:21 AM, iZann wrote:
Ah, so glad to see this thread. Yes! This just recently started happening to me also. I do not think it has anything to do with BBEdit but probably has a lot to do with the Mac OS Finder. This has been happening to me now for less than a month — maybe a couple of weeks.