Ehud Gavron skrev:
> Rafal Milecki wrote:
>> Really, "HP-laptop dv6057ea" doesn't mean much for every one. It would
>> be nice to post proper part of
>> lspci -nnv
> Others have written:
> Please include dmesg
>
> Still others have said:
> It doesn't help anyone when you say "I have a problem" without giving us
> any information to allow us to help you.
> WORSE YET if the problem is fixed and you don't tell us how it was fixed
> or what you did, we can
> A) Not fix the software
> and
> B) Not tell new people with the same hardware how to fix the problem
> because we
>
> C) Still don't know what what the harware is and
>
> D) Don't know what was wrong and
>
> E) Don't know what was done to fix it.
>
> Don't look at me.  I'm just an end-user with a good cut&paste key.
>
> Ehud

Still others have said to please don't toppost because the threads
become hard to read...

Anyway, some constructive proposals:

A) Start a mailing list bcm43xx-users with a nicer and more forgiving
tone that doesn't scare away bug reporters and testers.

B) If it's not already done, on linux-wireless / b43 site: Tell how to
report bugs, with directions on what info is relevant.

C) Set up a bug report form on linux-wireless/b43 site that force needed
info to be included.

Testers is one of the most needed resource in software development, why
throw it all away with hostility. I've seen a lot of that on this list,
which in comparison to lkml is a nightmare for someone who god forbids
don't magically know what kind of info a dev might need.

To be fair I know exactly how frustrating it is to get incomplete
reports over and over again. Maybe I'm naive to think it can be worked
around and minimized.

And oh, I'm not picking specifically on this thread, but the list as a
whole.

regards / Richard