On Wednesday 10 December 2008 18:23:40 Johannes Berg wrote:
> Then there's user_claim_unsupported which is set by all drivers but
> rt2x00, probably because they have hardware kill switches and thus they
> have to set it even if it's not strictly true, because of the lacking
> separation between these things (that I pointed out)

I introduced it when I ported b43 to rfkill.
Well, a lot of semantical changes were made _after_ that.
When I added it there only were two rfkill states and b43 handled these wrt the
actual hardware state (and I still think that's the right thing to do. The
sw-state intermix
is confusing).
So when I added the flag it meant:
user_claim_unsupported = True means user cannot change the hardware kill state.
So basically it means the device has two states. One software state and one
hardware
state.
However, I don't know what the semantics for the flag are today. Lots of code
changed.

--
Greetings, Michael.