Opensource firmware 5.1 works with my BCM4318; however, under heavy
load with a ping running in one window and 10 second bursts of tcpperf
transmissions in another, the kernel (2.6.29-rc2-wl) panicked by
hitting the BUG at drivers/.../b43/dma.c:1386, which is in routine
b43_dma_handle_txstatus. The specific condition is !meta->skb.

I had similar problem while I was updating from version 351 to 410: the problem was related to some tx_header fields that had different offsets. Once shared memory definitions were updated I had no problem. I did a lot of tests and everything seems to be ok.
Did you use encryption while doing your tests?

cheers

Lorenzo Nava