On Jan 30, 2009, at 12:09 AM, Larry Finger wrote:

> Francesco Gringoli wrote:
>
>> - have you applied any recent patch to the kernel (we too are using
>> 2.6.29-rc2-wl), so that your kernel can behave differently than ours?
>> - are you sure you are using the correct initvals files? Those we put
>> today on the website?
>> - have you replaced _all_ the files, including shm.inc etc? Here we
>> redefined the txheader layout and moved the cookie address
>> - are you modprobing by setting qos=0?
>> - is your card a PCCARD or PCI?
>
> The only patch I had applied to 2.6.29-rc2-wl was to have b43 look for
> opensource firmware before the proprietary version. The complete set
I still did not have time to integrate this patch, I will try it
tomorrow.

> of files from the openfwwf-5.1.tar.gz were applied and the firmware
> built from them. I am modprobing with qos=0 and nohwcrypto=1. I have a
Perfect.

> PCCARD format. It is labeled as a Linksys WPC54G, ver. 3.
Ah... well, although Lorenzo did lot of this work using his 4318
PCCARD branded Belkin, I observed very bizarre behavior when using
PCCARD in the past, independently of the firmware type (also with the
original Broadcom one), to such point that I gave up and switched to
PCI and PCI-express only testbeds. However I will give a try tomorrow,
I'm curious now to see what happens with new kernel + r5.1 + PCCARD.

>> [cut]
>> when you want, in this case just after the SIFS and only for frames
>> sent
>> to one not existing MAC addresses, so that no ack is sent by no one).
>> Actual packets transmission verified by sniffing the channel by using
>> another Broadcom card
>
> Your tests are a lot more rigorous than mine.
>
> I'll repeat my tests.
>
> Larry

Many thanks,
Cheers