2009/10/25 Linus Torvalds <torva...@linux-foundation.org>:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Gábor Stefanik wrote:
>>
>> Could you please test the tag "master-2009-08-26" from
>> wireless-testing? That one was the first version that worked, and in
>> that specific build, my card (exactly the same as yours) worked
>> perfectly, leading me to suspect a regression (probably not in the b43
>> driver, but in something else interfering with b43).
>
> Will try. Are you using that same firmware version?

Yes, I have v478 also. However, I tried to build the latest
wireless-testing tree, but I can't reproduce the error here.

One thing I have noticed is that everyone so far with this error
appears to have a HP or Dell laptop - I have tested with a
custom-built desktop with an Asus motherboard. I will test my other
4312 in my Acer laptop later (I don't own a Dell or a HP).

Could you describe the exact HW configuration of your system
(including the BIOS type - my Acer has InsydeH2O, while my desktop is
AMI-based)?

Does the wl_hybrid driver work for you? (If it does work, please try
building the latest compat-wireless for the kernel on which wl_hybrid
worked, and post the results. Try the compat-wireless driver both on a
cold boot and after wl_hybrid has been unloaded.)

>> Also try apic=off & acpi=off (IIRC another DMA error victim, but with
>> error code 0x00000800 had ACPI clobbering his DMA).
>
> Ok, will try that separately.
>
>> Also, is there any reference to a failed channel switch in the log?
>
> Nope.

Then it's a different bug than the 0x00000800 one, which also caused
channel switching to fail.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)