:

> r...@latosca:~# iwconfig
> lo        no wireless extensions.
>
> eth0      no wireless extensions.
>
> pan0      no wireless extensions.
>
> wlan0     IEEE 802.11bg  Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated
>           Tx-Power=20 dBm
>           Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Encryption key:off
>           Power Management:off

Ah, it looks much better! You should now be able to use the wifi (via
NetworkManager for instance) :-)

To get the driver automatically loaded, I would recommend you ask on a
community who knows more about ubuntu, I highly suspect some kind of
blacklisting in modprobe (because this hardware required the wl driver
in older kernels).

Please let us know if you succeed in connecting to your wifi network.

See you,
Eric