On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:08:24 -0500
Celejar <cele...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:52:15 -0600
> Larry Finger <larry.fin...@lwfinger.net> wrote:
>
> > On 03/04/2010 05:33 PM, Celejar wrote:
> > >
> > > Currently some version of 2.6.32.  I should have noted that I
> > > actually usually run self-built vanilla ones (from upstream
> > > mainline), but I'm pretty sure that b43 works even when I use the
> > > Debian packaged ones from the repos.
> >
> > It may fail with 2.6.33.
>
> I'm currently using .33, and it works fine.

The original OP seems to have been concerned with the Lenovo Ideapad
S12, which I have, and mine fails because of the DMA error bug.  As it
happens it also reports that wlan0 can't scan, but that is a side
effect of the DMA bug (and can be verified by looking at dmesg).

You can get the Ideapad to work by forcing use of the PIO however.

Chris