Michael wrote :
"
I didn't recieve an answer to this until the past Sunday morning
while watching a report on Afgahnistan.  In the report, workmen where
collecting large quartz stones in a dried river bed for use in
glassmaking.  While showing some pictures of  beautiful bottles a
brilliant flash occurred and I saw delicate drops of water forming on
the inside of these beautiful glass vessels as the sunlight angled
through them.  Could it be that diffuse hydrogen from sunlight was
knocking loose free oxygen radicals from the walls of glass(SiO2)?

Isnīt that normally what all mortals will call simply "water condensation"
formed when you have a closed environment and water vapour cannot simply
go out and will condense in the generally cooler walls of the container ?

Jose