Hey there,

Am totally new to the BD and intrested in seeing how it fits in to some
experimental food production planning.

Our location will be in the tropical zone, about 8 degrees from the equator.
We have looked into cold bed agriculture and are amazed at its productivity.
Also air ponics.

In cold bed ag, chilled water is run at root level while tropical sun shines
on leaves. The concept is that the great difference in Delta T supercharges
the plants, pumping naturally the nutrients from roots to the rest of the
plant.Its advantage (in the tropics) is thatit allows temperate climate
plants to do fantasically well; like a constant Spring climate. The year
round sun shine extends growing seasons from 2-4 times, allowing more
harvest per year as compaired to temperate climes.

In air ponics, no soil is used; rather a nutrient "spray" several times per
hour coats the roots with what may be considered pre digested soup ( compost
tea). Its advantage is that plants can be stacked vertically and specific
control of what the plants nutrient soup contains.

Brixing is used to check health of plants in order to fine tune nutrient mix
for strong , naturally resistent, high nutrient value produce that has
extended shelf life.

Now I'm hearding of BD almost in mystic terms... another possible boost to
the system we may impliment.

My question is if BD may possibly be integrated into a production system
that sprays cold nutrients onto roots or is soil temperature need to be at
certain level to encourage micro organisms activity which produce the added
umph to plant health.... Would it be possible to make a nutrient liquid mix
leached out of a compost bed that utilized the micro organism activity?

The higher than normal brix levels intrigue me, and the subsequent natural
defense against parasites....

Looking for the super system :-)

bob
SLF