"I canıt say anything about the experiment or the numbers, but I would like
> >to believe that (the effect of prayer) could be measured.²
> >If whatıs being measured does indeed prove the existence of group
> >consciousness, such a result could be of major significance."

Dear Jane,
Thanks for this.
Have you heard of the book"Message from Water" by Emoto
In the studies of water crystals they were able to show the effect of music,
prayer, positive and negative thoughts, and even the effect on the local
water after the earthquake in Kobe and the changes some months later.
Absolutely fascinating , maybe someone could send onto this group in
Princeton to show that we can see the effects on nature of intent and prayer
and naturally occurring disasters etc.
They even show the "signature" of homeopathic remedies in the crystals.
See at www.hado.net/home.htm
for some examples and you can order the book there as well.

Cheryl Kemp
Phone /Fax : 02 6657 5322
Home: 02 6657 5306
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]