>Hugh,
>
>I made all my seed into pepper last season, but gathered you some tansy
>seed from the first time you called for weed seeds.  I recently gathered
>some spotted knapweed seed.  It stays on the plants through the snow
>time and the seed sheath takes quite a while to decay and spread the
>seeds.  (There are lots of knapweeds all listed separately in weed
>documents.  Do you think each one would require a different card?  I
>don't have the others in my area.)

Merla,

I think each species and even each variety requires a different card. But
spotten knapweed is the only one I've heard scary things about. I have
heard of both hawkweeds and would like seeds of each. I have Canada thistle
but don't have musk. So far down here in Georgia my weed peppers seem to be
working wonderfully on this year's garden. This is the first year we have
tried them, and some of my worst weeds, like galinsoga, I don't have cards
for. But I'll be working on that. The galinsoga is coming up fine where the
ragweed and redroot pigweed are not coming up in anything like their usual
profusion. There's just a few scattered specimens right now.

It doesn't matter too much how you use warmth to drive off all the water
and break the plant's connection with the moon. But you want a little of
the carbon structure left so it is not all ash, but is "pepper." I
appreciate not having a sample contaminated with plastic. Use yours on the
roadside, which undoubtedly is already somewhat contaminated with plastic,
but I don't want to chose that one for broadcasting.

My growing season is upon me and I can't answer long posts. Can you put any
questions I don't get to into small posts? Then I can get them done amidst
the other distractions.

Best,
Hugh

 I will send common tansy and spotted