on 16/4/02 6:15 AM, Allan Balliett at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well, it's that time of year again.
>
> Warm rain last night, record highs. I thought it was a good day to go
> out and look for morels (like I have the time, you know) Then it
> dawned on me: a fungi s.b. blooming under the full moon, not the dark
> of the moon. I don't think I've seen this referenced, but is there
> any point in huntin for 'shrooms until closer to the full moon?
>
> Thanks
>
> _Allan

Hi Allan and others;

For a few years now I've been observing fungi and asking the same question
Allan.  Must agree with Monte on this, the rains being the trigger along
with temp., seem to be the 2 factors that bring on the fungi.  Here in a
cold part of Oz, Boletus and saffron milk caps have just started to emerge
within the pine forests.  Which leads me to another topic, that some here
may be able to help with.

In looking at allelopathy, pine trees as an example, is it that fungi is not
considered a plant that it grows where no plants will grow, because of
alloelopathy?  Also does anyone know what it is called when the opposite of
allelopathy occurs? Aiding in other plants growth.  Found it unusual once
again, that this science doesn't include the other side.

Any info would be great.

I understand the time factor Allan, but to me there are few feelings that
connect me with the earth and the elements, like that of foraging and
gathering fungi.  (The smell of them drying is another thing.) No matter how
busy I am, I am always happy/calmer after mushroom gathering.

One last thing, when I read of Germainic clay singing I've become very
intrigued and frustrated as I'm still yet to find anything about this.  Any
links would be appreciated.

L & L to all

Liz