Hi Folks!

Because we are a group with appreciation for the planet on which we
reside, this particular environmental news compilation is worth reading,
I feel.

Peace........

Wayne
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sharon and Wayne McEachern

"Expressing the Light"

http://www.ExpressingTheLight.com

"A Ministry Dedicated to the Divine Process"

and

"Light Expression Essences"

http://www.LightExpression.com

"A Divine Program for Healing and Transformation"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

--- Begin Message ---

Hello everyone

Here are some urgent environmental issues that I recommend to your
attention in the hope that any action you may choose to initiate - as
recommended below or otherwise - will help make a critical difference for
the future of this planet.

I plan to send you a special Earth day 2002 compilation tomorrow and
perhaps some more! And there is an interesting Post Scriptum to read
below... ;-)

Jean Hudon
Earth Rainbow Network Coordinator
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000

P.S. John Albertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked me today: "Jean; I look
forward to your communiques and I am a bit concerned. I have not received
anything since Monday. Are you still on the air?" AND MY REPLY IS: Since
other may also wonder... My soulmate is visiting here for the first time
this week - and we are having a great time! - and so I've obviously been
unable to focus much attention to my usual compilation work. Yet I have
lots of material to send you, so you may receive more than one compilation
tonight - and I recommend you give a good look at my latest Media
compilation #66: We Don't Have A Democracy, We Have A Hypocrisy ---
Webposted at
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000/Archives2002/MediaCompilation66.h
tm

Incidentally, in less than a month from now I'll also have MUCH less time
to dedicate to preparing these compilations as I'll get my organic gardens
started - as I've done for the past 21 years - and so will be almost off
the web for nearly 3 weeks. I will send you a reminder on this with a
special request for extreme email restraint, from all of you to me, for
most of the summertime. I will also network much less material this summer
as usual.

One more reminder: If you are considering the possibility of coming to the
Solstice Festival I'm organizing here from June 19 to 23 - see the whole
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT I've already sent you a couple weeks ago at
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000/Archives2002/1stSolsticeFestival.
htm - I'm now offering all of you the possibility of locking in your place
for this unique event at the lowest discount price offered by sending an
initial $100 deposit before the end of this month. And for your
convenience, you may use the PayPal system for this - even if you are not
yet a PayPal subscriber as they allow for a first payment a $100 US taken
from your credit card - by going at https://secure.paypal.com
Oh! and for those who wonder about this, I've been unable yet to prepare
the special webpage that will give more details - with pictures - related
to this festival, but it should be available sometime next week and I'll
let you know when it is.

CONTENTS

1. FORESTS URGENT ALERT: Fate of Forests Determined Now
2. Report cites $54 billion in wasteful U.S. government projects
3. Way of life melting away: Existence of Artic Natives threatened as
temperatures rise
4. EPA Official Quits in Frustration
5. Fact Sheet: Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and Oil Drilling
6. Making A Difference

SEE ALSO:

BUSH COOL TO WARMING REPORT
* In EnviroHealth: http://www.alternet.org/?IssueAreaID=18
Why did Bush bother requesting a global warming report from the National
Academy of Science if he was just going to ignore their ominous scientific
predictions?

Picture of the International Space Station
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/020412/161/1e32o.html
The International Space Station (ISS) is seen against the blackness of
space as the Space Shuttle Atlantis approached for docking April 9, 2002.
The ISS lived up to its name on April 12 with astronauts celebrating a
Russian national holiday in the morning before turning to barbecue and
country and western music in the afternoon. There are currently 10
astronauts aboard the orbiting outpost. See also "Shuttle Grandfathers
Begin Spacewalk" at
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=585&ncid=753&e=1&u=/nm/20020
413/sc_nm/space_shuttle_dc_145

D.C. Protest Organizers Join Arms - Middle East Turmoil Becomes Uniting Force
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43015-2002Apr13.html

NAVY SONAR CONTROVERSY COMING TO A HEAD (April 18, 2002)
With the NMFS "on the verge of making a final decision on whether to allow
deployment of the new low-frequency sonar" the Navy and environmental
groups have "intensified their competing campaigns to have it quickly
approved or permanently sidetracked" says the Washington Post 4/15. Marine
conservationists maintain the "extremely loud low-frequency pings" of the
submarine detection system would "seriously confuse, injure and eventually
kill noise-sensitive marine mammals and large whales in particular." For
its part, the Navy is pushing proposed legislation to give the military
broad exemptions from a variety of environmental laws including the ESA,
Migratory Bird Treaty Act and Marine Mammal Protection Act.

As you can see by the description above, the US Navy is now engaged in the
process of exempting itself from the law. The Navy seems to feel that it's
in the country's best interest for them to wiggle out of their
responsibilities.

For updated information on the LFAS issue go at
http://manyrooms.net/stopLFASresolutions.html

And at these 2 URLs below, you can read about the resolutions in Hilo, HI
and San Francisco, CA which seek to prevent this acoustic anarchy and
efforts of the Stop LFAS Worldwide Network to stop the noise pollution.

http://www.stoplfas.net
http://www.listen.to/lfas viewpoints

Sent by Cheryl Magill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

1.

Sent by "Mark Graffis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>