----- Original Message -----
From: "Eve Cruse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, 26 August 2002 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: [globalnews] War on Iraq? Not so fast

> Hi David,
>
> I agree that my comparison was insulting < to the snakes, and I am not
> promoting war, which is always an indication of the failure of more
rational
> methods of problem solving. I am not even a Bush fan. If I lived in the US
> would have voted democrat.
>
> What I do say, is that in this less-than-perfect world there are times
when
> pre-emptive strikes are necessary, and even desirable, rather than risk a
> far worse outcome.

Pre-emptive strikes, motivated by fear of the unknown, that kill the
innocent are murder,  War is not the sanitised pictures you see on TV or the
Stallone bullshit Hollywood loves, it's coming too after the explosion,
laying in your own shit and slowly realising that the mud on your face is
your best friends guts. War is little kids petrified with fear and
screaming, screaming and screaming because their mother was just blown apart
in front of them. War is pieces of little kids all around you. Ask a vet of
front line action, war doesn't hurt the leaders who start them only the
little people who have no say.

> As for spin doctors, they work on both sides.  Hitler, Goebbels et al were
> all masters at propaganda, as Hussein also seems to be. And we as
> individuals simply do not have the reliable information needed to make the
difficult decisions.

> If military action is contemplated, whether 'declared' or not, then
secrecy
> is essential. I grew up in London during WW11 and remember everywhere
signs saying "loose lips sink ships" and the like.

And it also was used to cover the stuff ups, the time you speak of was
different to now, there was in fact a war on, now we are being manipulated
by all manner of interests who claim knowledge without producing the
evidence, secretcy is the wall they hide behind.

> If a pre-emptive strike is made against Iraq, which seems likely, what
would
> we think if after it weapons of mass destruction were found there in an
> advanced state of development? Remember, Hussein like Hitler is a
> megalomaniac, and as such he is very likely to use such weapons.
>
> Don

More to the point what if there were no weapons of mass destruction? All
just bad luck? Do  you think we would be told the truth? In the overall
scheme of things Hussein is a piss ant, if they so badly want to take him
out then turn their resources to getting just him, don't slaughter the
innocent as well.
David C