Hi! Patti,
Thank you for posting this.

But I am concerned about the Australian bit. Most damage to our hardwood
forests is salinity through a rising water table, directly the result of
mismanagement and gross over clearing.

The other problem of more limited extent, is "Mundulla Yellows". Scientists
are trying to pin it on a "fungus", so far not identified. Careful
observation shows that it only occurs where water runs off roads and car
parks and away from farm buildings or where motor vehicles are. It would
seem to be related to some form of pollution from road transport, but that
is too simple for the experts.

In Europe, it was observed that "acid Rain" damage in forests did not take
place where water from roads made from crushed igneous rock run. Thus a good
dusting of Rock Dust would do the trick. It may be worth looking at this in
your case.

Gil