Dear Nelson,

Interesting topic.  I often say that my job is growing farmers, because as
the information and advisory person for our association in Australia, the
part I love the most is working with farmers as they first come in to
Biodynamics and then start to make changes in their thinking and way of life
as they evolve and work more with BD agriculture.
They become so much more confident, and really enjoy their work. They also
develop their observational skills and become more in tune with their
environment, then you see their family values changes, food consumption
change and attitudes to education for their children as well.

That is if they are not too overworked - and that can also happen, when
economically they cant afford help and their life becomes a matter of
survival on huge properties with too high a workload to achieve their goals.
(But that seems to happen in farming generally, and I guess most of life.)
I havent heard of any research being done on BD farms re this topic, but I
do know of something like it for Organics generally, see below.

11. APPLICANT'S PREVIOUS WORK IN THIS OR RELATED TOPICS   (ie. give journal
references)Lawrence G et al (2001) Agrigenetics, food consumption and the
environment, in Lockie & Pritchard (eds) Consuming foods, sustaining
environments, AAP: Brisbane.*Lockie S, Lyons K & Lawrence G (2000)
Constructing Green Foods: Corporate Capital, Risk and Organic Farming in
Aust and NZ, Ag & Human Values 17, 315-322.* Lockie S (1998) Env and Social
Risks, and the Construction of Best-Practice in Aust Agriculture, Ag & Human
Values 15, 243-252.
email for Stewart Lockie  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kirsten Lyons also did some of this work with Stewart on social values and
organic foods.

Best wishes with your research,

Cheryl Kemp
Education and Workshop Coordinator