In a message dated 11/2/02 8:05:45 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Looks like a lot of people are going to be "eating cake" for a while. For
folks like ourselves, however, traditionally doom is boom. We should have
people seeking us out in the hope of having a food supply they can count
on. If our government really wanted to make the homeland secure they would
promote regional self-sufficiency and farm self-sufficiency and promote a
lot of smaller farms. Turning to food irradiation and similar strategies is
foolish, though not surprising given the ingrained culture of making as
much money as possible and to heck with the consequences.  Fortunately we
don't have to wait for the government, we can proceed on our own. And in
hard times we should do quite well indeed. >>

Hugh, we both know the plan is to starve as many luddites as possible.  Hell,
people are starving with the markets full to overflowing.  Brains working
at1/4 throttle and bodies in decline.  Press On...sstorch