Lloyd - I take it that this is the 'dolomite' that Pat Colbey recommends as a free choice mineral supplement for livestock.

Everyone - Is LIME what we would ask for to get 'dolomitic lime'? Is this something that one can buy with confidence at the coop or is it best purchased from an organic amendment salesman?

Thanks -Allan

# Dolomite (often called LIME in your country) is a combination of magnesium
carbonate and calcium carbonate - again a finely ground rock - only use this
where there is a tested need for magnesium in the soil CEC. Thats only
likely to be sandy and sandy loam soils. Excess dolomite will tighten up
soils and burn out nitrogen so the fertiliser men love to see farmers using
dolomite to neutralise acid soils, cause they will soon be back in the store
to order heaps of bagged nitrogen.