Percy Schmieser is the Canadian seed-saving Canola grower who was accused by Monsanto of stealing their patented Round-up Ready canola seed from them. Instead of bowing down before Monsanto, Percy, whose family has worked over 40 years to develop the strain of Canola that he grows, chose to fight Monsanto in court. His story is still open ended. The government has most definitely NOT supported rights that we all, perhaps erroneously, take for granted.

Percy Schmeiser spoke at Acres this past Saturday evening. His honesty and humilty are undeniable. The horror of the situation he has been thrust into is unimaginable, as is the greed of Monsanto. After Percy's presentation, I don't think there was a dry eye in the house, nor anyone who wouldn't do all they could to make sure that everyone knows how underhandedly Monsanto deals with farmers and how the courts of Canada are under the influence of Monsanto.

You can get a lot of information about Schmeiser at http://www.percyschmeiser.com

Please tell everyone you meet about his plight and how Monsanto is working with world governments to contaminate the natural world so that everyone in the future will have to pay them huge sums for the use of their copywriten biology.

-Allan