[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yes, Roger, please keep updating all of us. The wildfires were in our local (Dallas Tx) news this evening. Terrifying for you and heartrendering for everyone concerned. If everyone on the list could think 'rain' for Roger, hopefully it would help stop the fires.

Barbara Hedley says we have moved into a Cancer Moon which is a water sign and will remain there until tomorrow evening. Then it will be Leo so the authorities effectively have today and tomorow to consolidate the defence. The moon last night was a brilliant red blob in a very smoky sky. I do have a lot of digital photos by the way, some of which clearly show the flaming effect in billowing clouds of smoke.

Firebreaks several grader widths wide have been and are being cut along the western and southwestern edges of the front line of suburbs at the most risk. In the case of Holt, Higgins and MacGregor, the firebreak runs to the Cotter Road. Everything there is blackened - it is believed all properties on the Cotter Road have been destroyed as far as the Cotter Dam.

Infrastructure gone includes a medical centre, high school, all the ACT's softwood plantations remaining from the bushfires Christmas 2001, all our public health laboratories, the Mount Stromlo settlement and world famous Observatory, two water treatment plants fire-damaged, a major 125,000 volt power transmission line damaged, at least two suburbs off-limits to everybody, including residents who fled yesterday.

not much good news sorry

roger