DE is one of those things that are often recommended, but seldom endorsed through experience.

I've dusted a lot of crops with DE back in the early days, mostly for slugs. I don't think I EVER felt that it actually worked, if dusted, or even if put into (very expensive!) dykes around at-risk vegetables.

I've heard realiable sources say that a few pounds of DE in a grainery will cure a meal worm problem. But reliable sources still recommend it for slugs, also.

I've never felt comfortable feeding it to livestock for exactly the reasons that it is supposed to work. Gosh, what are the upper and lower portions of the digestive system than enlargement of the basic worm?

Thanks, Will

-Allan