Hello Manfred:
Seeds need to be kept cool and dry(no humidity) and they are best kept in
glass containers for storage(there is the silica again). We also keep the
seeds here at Aurora in dark glass containers.
There has always been the question here as whether to place all the seeds
into the ground(in their containers) for this crystallization period we are
now in. We have decided against that for several reasons the most important
one being the change in temperature and humidity which could possibly lead
to molds, etc.
So rather we keep them in the above ideal situation(cool and dry) in an area
which has held an ' intentional grid' for 12 plus years now. If we have any
concern that there is excess moisture around we keep horsetail around.
Germination trials on parsnip seed have resulted in their life expectancy to
be at least 7 years whereas one is told by many seed companies that they
will only last a year. Seeds ought to last and last if they are dealt with
in the correct manner.
Seed catalogs are now available from Aurora Farm and you may see the ad in
Harrowsmith Country Life which is just out.
Blessings All,
Barbara and Woody

Aurora Farm. the only
unsubsidized, family-run seed farm