My chickens don't particularly like liquid milk, but they really
gobble up anything solid like soft cheese or yogurt. if I'm going to
feed milk to the chickens I curd it up first by heating it then adding
cider vinegar to it. They like it ok then.
Also, grit and/or oyster shell? I never know which to get. Some
years ago I bought a bunch of cement stepping stones from a
school project trying to earn money. A couple of months ago I put
one on my deck and it immediately started cracking open. Maybe
it dried out, I don't know but I kept seeing hunks hopping off down
the steps. I kept watching but never saw it DO anything like move
on it's own accord, it would just appear more broken, and pieces
laying on the various steps. Finally, I saw my cluster of hens all
pecking at the inner portion of the block, trying to break off some of
the smaller pebble-sized pieces. They have oyster shell available
but maybe I also need to supply plain ol grit too? I thought one
would do double duty for both, guess they need more.