Not exactly sure, but there is a rumor that it was hours before he invaded
Kuwait!!  An item on last night's news was rather interesting.  3 biggest
buyers of Iraqi oil in decreasing order: US, GB, France.
M.

Michael - When did Saddam stop working for the US government?

That's the stuff I don't understand. Why wouldn't he tell Dan Rather that story? "I thought I was working for the US when I invaded Kuwait but as soon as I did it they turned on me." of course, why didn't Ted Kennedy say 'Hey, some faction of this country has it out for us. I think I'm going to dummy up now.'?