I had the common wormwood, probably A. vulgaris (unsure) but it's
the type wreathmakers like because it grows so tall. I say had. I
thought you couldn't kill the stuff, but little by little, as they needed
some, the goats would wander to the places it grew and eat on it.
the horses did the same thing. I'm going to try growing it again, but
on the basis of starting it somewhere the animals aren't pastured
and only offering it to them rather than have them in on it free
choice.
It's probably best to let the cattle have it as they choose, but you'll
have to replant it often if you do.