To: Bdnow
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: Spring news

Thanks for posting this Christy! I went to your site to see what’s growing already and got a bit jealous, as I look out over our thick ice & snow cover. My winter frame weeks ago covered in ice & snow crushed a bit under the weight and I wonder whether anything still grows under there. I hope you’ll keep us updated at your site.

The birds have been busy for weeks now, singing away, in spite of the continuous winter storms we keep getting here in the NE of the US. Our drought has certainly ended!

I dream of eating wild spring greens soon and of digging and composting my expanded garden.

Do you have any recommendations for good ground cover that would have several functions: low to the ground so it can be walked on, nutritious for land that had grass and violet cover, easy to turn under if I want to later, maybe even fragrant? I was thinking of using roman chamomile (chamaemelum nobile).

Blessings,
Jane

From: "The Korrows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Thank you to the many who have given generous financial support to assist our efforts.
As always, grow a garden and support your local farmer!

Christy Korrow

Rural Center for Responsible Living
Social renewal through sustainable agriculture
2000 Bullridge Road
Burkesville, KY 42717
270-864-4167
[EMAIL PROTECTED]