>                                 What the real problem is, is patent rights
> on seeds, thats what has allowed these multinational companies to proceed
> with their campaign of rape and pillage, and right now most of the
> commercial crop varieties grown by farmers in the developed agricultural
> nations on earth are under patent ownership of some sort, farmers no
longer
> own their seed! Banish patent rights on living organisms and this problem
> (GE GM GP whatever) will quickly disappear (along with a host of other
> problems). Its a simple matter - this situation - transfer of ownership
from
> public domain to private companies - has come about in my working lifetime
> and was unheard of in my father's generation.
> > Lloyd Charles
>
> Leave the fire to burn - go turn off the fuel supply!
Thats a great idea but I would expect there to be many hands clenched over
the tap.
I agree with what you say above and what we must be diligent with is the use
of all the preparations or remedies. It could be that in due course we will
have to breed new plants or resurect old plants and develop them again.
Cheers
Peter.