Hi Liz -

In one of your previous posts you asked about living mulches
for strawberries and raspberries.  Now it becomes clear you
have a whole patch of commercial berries to transition to organic.

You know, it would be really helpful to hear the situation
in more detail.

Lay out the farm and the row spacing, what time of year
things take place including flowering and fruiting
phases, freeze dates, and sowing dates for cover crops
according to cool season and warm season... what ideas
you got on weed control and organic fertilizers and cover
crops .... that sort of thing. It will be a great help to visualize
what you are dealing with.

What are your ideas for an organic / biodynamic program?

If we were in the same room, we could do this a lot easier
just by talking.  But email is a poor medium for communication,
so send details and then information about living mulches,
fertility, and weed control can be talked about in more depth.

Best regards,
Steve Diver

Liz Davis wrote:

Thanks Tony and SS

Have been through all of Gliessman & Pritts' work, found Steve's links very
helpful as usual.  Took on a conventional berry farm (community run for
mentally disabled) for certification in an Organics assignment, and now have
them interested in many aspects.  Working not only with strawberry and
raspberry also goose, young, boysen, black, blue and currants.  Any BD
experience with these would be appreciated, they've given me rows of each to
work with.

L&L
Liz