On Friday, August 23, 2013 8:29:27 PM UTC-4, Seth wrote:

> This particular thread looks promising, but I am not sure how the two
> patches Pantelis posted fit into a solution. Pantelis says "This should fix
> kind of problem when the dtbo is not included in the kernel image." which
> seems to be my issue. Does that mean we still have to recompile the kernel
> to have our cape firmware changes included? What is the purpose of the
> /lib/firmware folder in that case? I am pretty new to this and it would be
> appreciated if Pantelis (or anyone else who's been successful at this)
> could share how they got their custom *dtbo* files loaded and working
> with more detail. Thanks.

It means that the kernel must be compiled with the two changes Pantelis
made in order to work.  Depending on how you are keeping your software
image up to date will control whether or not you need to recompile.  I am
using Robert Nelson's build image scripts and currently am using the 3.8
kernel with his patches up through version bone28.  Checking the linux
source files I do not see those two patches - and checking his 3.8 kernel
branch, https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev/tree/am33x-v3.8 I don't
see the patches so I'm assuming they are not there yet.