Hi all, I'm running the latest eMMC flasher Angstrom image, kernel 3.8.13
on a BeagleBone Black. I'm using a 1A, 5V AC adapter. I also have an Edimax
EW-7811UN N-wifi dongle, which is apparently rtl8192cu based. I installed
the driver and added my network info to connman, and it successfully
fetches an IP from my DHCP server. The dongle lights up when authenticated
to my WPA network, and I can SSH into it and add/remove packages.

The problem usually comes when a large stream of text is being sent over
SSH - ie compiling a large program, installing a package on NPM, or a
installing lot of packages/dependencies via opkg. The SSH session will
hang, and eventually time out with Write failed: broken pipe. The board
will not respond to ping, or any other services running on it, it basically
drops off the network. However, the light on the dongle remains on.

If, rather than running one of these commands in the foreground I start it
with nohup, the process completes fine in the background with no loss of
connection and I can verify the output with tails. Also, this happens on
both Ubuntu 13.04 and Angstrom... Although I'm currently back to running
Angstrom.

This hasn't happened while plugged into the same router via ethernet, only
when using the wireless. The board appears to be running fine, the
heartbeat led continues and there is occasional activity on the cpu/flash
leds. Won't have an FTDI cable to confirm this until Tuesday, but if this
is an obvious fix I'd like to take care of it sooner.