On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM,  <hvn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to software dependencies I need to install Ubuntu 13.04 on the
> BeagleBoard-xM, but there is only a server install and no pre-installed
> desktop version as with 12.04.

Use your network and run: "sudo apt-get install xyz-desktop"....

> I installed the installer on 1 sd card, then
> connected a cardreader with another sd (call it nr2) card to a usb port and
> started installing 13.04. However, after installing and putting nr2 into the
> sd card slot, it won't boot. This is probably because the device is set to
> /de/sdc instead of /dev/mmcblk0p2 or so. So my question is: how can I change
> the boot so that it boots from nr2 in the sd card slot.

pastebin.com your "serial" boot log, uEnv.txt, & /etc/fstab

Or just rebuild the image from scratch again with my "NetInstall" script..

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/netinstall

(and select the "desktop" once the package selection screen popsup)

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/