Op vrijdag 8 november 2013 15:50:59 UTC+1 schreef RobertCNelson:

> How
> >>
> >> 13.04/raring has always been armhf "only".. armel was dropped from
> >> ports.ubuntu.com in 12.10...
> >>

> > Ok, the netinstall boots fine, but it fails to find the default mirror.
> And
> > considering a post from 4-2012 I'm not the first to experience this.
>
> Nope, "still" works for me..  Can you ping http://ports.ubuntu.com/
> locally? As there is NO other mirrors.  In that past it's always
> turned out the end user has had a crappy/limited internet connection.
>
> Side note, did it actually say "cannot connect to mirror?" or did you
> get tired of waiting the 10 minutes for ubuntu to do it's thing i
> mention in the notes:
>
> Note: with Ubuntu Releases
> During Install, after proxy setup, there seems to be a VERY LONG delay...
> (on average it seems to be taking anywhere between 10-20 Minutes)...
> In the background: Ubuntu is trying really-really hard to find a
> compatible kernel...

Ok. This was a network error. I had to renew the DHCP lease, and then it
started fine. However, it stops with an error on Select and install
software.
I checked in BusyBox terminal with df which shows 11% used in the target
partition, the other partitions show 0% use.

> > On installation: will this install raring on the mmc I'm booting from or
> do
> > I need a different medium to install on ? Because that was the case with
> the
> > server install as well. If so, I should install the netinstall on a USB
> > stick and try to boot from that.
>
> The NetInstall has one big limitation, the psychical device you
> flashed the installer with the "mk_mmc.sh" command has to be used at
> all times to "boot" the device.  As the bootloader/etc is in that
> small 100Mb boot fat partition..
>
> However the "rootfs" can be almost anywhere else, from what's left on
> that microSD, or on a usb-sata drive, or on another microSD (for some
> platforms that have two slots..)..
>
> Just remember, at partition stage, DO NOT TOUCH the 100MB fat/boot
> partition, if you do you break the install and will have to start all
> over with the "mk_mmc.sh" command as everything needed to "finish" the
> install is located in that partition..

Ok, the SD card is 8GB which so far was enough for the things I want.

Regards,

hvn