Jakub, answering to your question:
tps65217b is not tps65217b (bbb)
Bbw 600mhz vs bbb 1000mhz
Ddr2 pwr consumption != ddr3

That is why when people reduce the cpu freq systems become stable, but I
don't think it can help because I run my board in cpu ondemand governor and
it still reboots. However when running ezsdk my system seems to be stable
while on Ubuntu it reboots randomly
20 нояб. 2013 г. 10:53 пользователь "Jakub Żymełka" <zymelkapre...@gmail.com>
написал:

> Lei Wang,
> yes, You can just use a wire to connect SYS_5V and VDD_5V after boot up.
> We've done this before we choose the option with the transistor.
>
> We are working on the 04.2013 U-boot, so we will try the newest version
> 10.2013 and I will let you know about my results.
>
> lisarden,
> According to you, the power management unit ( tps65217 ) in the BBB is
> not able to provide enough power by single pin?
> So why in the BBWhite or with the 3.8 kernel is no any random reboot? The
> PMIC is exactly the same...
>

> W dniu wtorek, 19 listopada 2013 20:05:34 UTC+1 użytkownik lisarden
> napisał:
>>
>> this issue can probably be because tps65217 simply can't handle too much
>> current through a single pin. If an internal switch AC|USB=SYS get
>> overheated then it can just shutdown to avoid a system damage
>>

>> 2013/11/19 Lei Wang <lei...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> The time jumping issue seems to relate to u-boot per Robert Nelson's
>>> suggestion (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/
>>> beagleboard/beaglebone-black/xPxzYyNsA78). I dropped in a newer u-boot