I have had similar experiences to you. I wanted the power management
features so went with the 3.2 kernel from Ti. In the end I gave up and
switched to a 3.8 kernel and for now will do without PM.

Even the default file image supplied with the SDK would reboot randomly.
Nothing in the logs or on the serial console to indicate why.

Initially I thought it was U-Boot and maybe it was setting up the memory
timings too aggressively. I noticed the the Ti image gave me a higher
BogoMips value than the Angstrom kernel that came pre-installed. Using the
U-Boot from the Angstrom image and the kernel from Ti resulted in a lower
Bogomips value, so there is certainly something going on there, but the Ti
kernel still crashed randomly. My complied 3.8 kernel with the Ti U-Boot or
the Angstorm U-Boot is fine though (again lower BogoMips on the Angstrom
U-Boot).  I also tried several different boards with the same result.

I also can't get the accelerated graphics to work with my 3.8 kernel, but
for now framebuffer support is OK

I did find a git repository based on a 3.11 kernel (
git://github.com/dgerlach/linux-pm.git ) , with power management, but I
could not get that to boot, it would just hang after U-Boot decompressed
the kernel and given my schedule I was running out of time to try and
figure out what I had done wrong. Given time I will go back to it and maybe
see if I can get it working.