I didn't say it wouldn't work. I expect most of the user land stuff to be
fine. I did try to get a later version of udev working on the 3.2 kernel
image supplied from TI with not much luck, but that is another problem.
 The biggest problem I have though, with the 3.2 kernel, is that the TI
version supplied with their SDK does not seem to run for more than a couple
of days without rebooting.

How are you finding the 3.2 kernel from RCN ?  Although I am guessing it is
going to be based on the TI 3.2 kernel.