Zach, that would be very good of you; I got if from searching on the net
and it is barely changed (if at all) from what I found (but I didn't record
who I copied it from so I apologize for not giving credit). The *.dts is
below. I might mention that if I load my overlay only, then using >cat
$PINS, I can see the expected pin change to 6. If I setup the AD first in
python, I do not see any changes in the $PINS, and if I then try to load my
overlay and check the pins, they are still the same as just after boot.
Bit Pusher

/lib/firmware\> cat BB-BONE-PRU-00A0.dts
/*
* pru dts file BB-BONE-PRU-00A0.dts
*/
/dts-v1/;
/plugin/;

/ {
  compatible = "ti,beaglebone", "ti,beaglebone-black";

  /* identification */
  part-number = "BB-BONE-PRU";
  version = "00A0";

  exclusive-use =