It depends on what the EDID reports. The DRM driver uses that information
to select the highest resolution. VGA has its limis, that is why HDMI was
created. So it is possible that there could be limits to waht the VGA can
support on certain TVs. TVs as such are not always friendly to PC type
displays.

Gerald