From:  johan vermeire <jhverme...@gmail.com>
Date:  Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM
To:  <beagleboard@googlegroups.com>
Subject:  Re: [beagleboard] beaglebone hdmi to VGA using powered Köning
convertor not working ?

> Hi Gerard i realy f* it up now :(
> When i was testing my setup i finally found a tv that show me the screen at
> 1280x720(16:9)
> but when i connect the vga convertor i see 1/2 screen @ the same resolution.
> -> that's the problem why the other tv's won't show annything i think.
>
> I found that i need to edit the uENV.txt file to test other resolution
> settings (only working at startup i know)
>
> i putted the sdcard  (beagle starts unbuntu) in my windows pc and added an
> extra line for the resolution, the beagle din't show me anny screen, after
> that even when i removed that extra line. the beagle  still din't show
> annything :(
>
> I destoyed the file i gues :(
>
> i uploaded the file.
>
> When i can't fix this back i'm screwed my sister payed 500 eur for this beagle
> +install (yea i know this is nuts) but there was this hdmi problem and i'm a
> video guy so she asked to try to fix this but now this :(
>
> i hope you can help me out here. :(
Hi Johan,

Your uEnv.txt file doesn¹t make any sense. All the actions you included are
already done in the default u-boot script. You should only add the actions
you need and not attempt to replace the default u-boot script. Also, you
should add these items to uenvcmd, not optargs. When you boot, stop at the
u-boot prompt and enter the printenv command.  That is the default u-boot
script before uEnv.txt is loaded. You will see that after uEnv.txt is
loaded, it will check if uenvcmd exists, and if it does, it will be run
uenvcmd.

I have attached an example uEnv.txt I found that may demonstrate some of
these concepts.

Regards,
John
> gr; johan
>

> Op donderdag 12 december 2013 20:46:25 UTC+1 schreef Gerald:
>> Not until the SW can let you do it. The DRM drive handles all of this and it
>> uses the EDID to pick the resolution.
>>
>> Gerald.
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM, johan vermeire <jhver...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:> > wrote:
>>> So there is no solution then :(
>>>
>>> gr; johan

>>> --

kernel_file=zImage
initrd_file=uInitrd
initrd_high=0xffffffff
fdt_high=0xffffffff

##Video: Uncomment to override:
# Generic 1024x768 monitor:
kms_force_mode=video=HDMI-A-1:1280x1024@60e
# Faytech 7" touchscreen monitor:
#kms_force_mode=video=HDMI-A-1:800x480M@85e

# video=omapfb:mode:800x480M@85,vram:50M

##BeagleBone Cape Overrides
##Note: On the BeagleBone Black, there is also an uEnv.txt in the eMMC, so if
these changes do not seem to be makeing a difference...

##BeagleBone Black:
# Disable HDMI/eMMC
# Note it is necessary to disable BOTH HDMI and HDMIN (no audio) "capes"
# in order to use the HDMI pins for I/O
#optargs=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G

# Default to leaving the HDMIN "cape" enabled, so HDMI works "out of the box"
# Comment the line below and uncomment the optargs= line above to use an
unmodified
# BeBoPr or other board that uses the HDMI/LCD pins
optargs=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G

console=ttyO0,115200n8

# Select memory and vram, on BBB 512MB are available for mem+vram
mem=462M
vram=50M
#ip_method=dhcp
ip_method=
earlyprintk=serial

mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro
mmcrootfstype=ext4 rootwait fixrtc

loadkernel=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} 0x80200000 ${kernel_file}
loadinitrd=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} 0x81000000 ${initrd_file}; setenv
initrd_size ${filesize}
loadfdt=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} 0x815f0000 /dtbs/${fdtfile}

boot_classic=run loadkernel; run loadinitrd
boot_ftd=run loadkernel; run loadinitrd; run loadfdt

device_args=run expansion_args; run mmcargs
mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} ${optargs} ${kms_force_mode}
root=${mmcroot} rootfstype=${mmcrootfstype} mem=${mem} ${expansion} vram=${vram}

expansion_args=setenv expansion ip=${ip_method} earlyprintk=${earlyprintk}
#Classic Board File Boot:
#uenvcmd=run boot_classic; run device_args; bootz 0x80200000
0x81000000:${initrd_size}
#New Device Tree Boot:
uenvcmd=run boot_ftd; run device_args; bootz 0x80200000
0x81000000:${initrd_size} 0x815f0000