I see what you're doing, patching am335x which is presumably loaded
directly by the kernel on boot - much simpler than loading after the boot I
guess.

So they load no problem, and I have UART1, 2 and 4! Nice work!. I have to
dig out a complicated wiring harness to actually test them, but the devices
are present - will check for correct later. I'm BBB so UART5 will have to
keep.

Testing ADC, I2C and SPI is easy, the devices are soldered to the board so
just let me know what you need me to do. FWIW. saw you had an
"enable-i2c-1.diff" in that folder too, tried it but although the
/dev/i2c-1 was created, a bus scan incorrectly finds no devices.

Thanks Robert!