Thanks for the info. I downloaded the driver code you referenced and it
looks workable, but very incomplete. So next I downloaded the datasheet for
the TDA9983. That's more along the lines of what I was expecting in the
datasheet for the 19988. How close are the registers for the 9983 to the
19988? Are they a spot-on match? I know the rest of the information will be
different, but the registers are all I care about at this point. I can
figure the rest out once I have that part down.