On 20-1-2014 16:56, Dave Covert wrote:

Can someone tell me the difference between a BePoPr+ cape and a Replicape?

Dave
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BeagleBoard" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Dave,

[Note that I might be biased, being the designer of the BeBoPr boards]

Here are some facts:

The BeBoPr+ is no longer being made, it will be replaced by the BeBoPr++. The BeBoPr++ will be the low-cost replacement for the BeBoPr+ and BeBoPr plus Bridge combination. Right now I'm making an initial batch of 100+ boards. These should be ready for shipping in the second half of February.

Have a look at the support forum (http://forum.bebopr.info/viewforum.php?f=4) for more information and links to the wiki pages.

Since you're asking for differences, the most obvious difference is that the BeBoPr has no on-board stepper drivers chips. One can use the BeBoPr with either low-cost Pololu compatible stepper modules or use off-board heavy-duty motor drivers.

The BeBoPr boards have been available for over a year, since the original BeagleBone (white). It was the first cape to support LinuxCNC and the BeagleBone.

Cheers,
-- Bas