I recently acquired a beagleBone Black board. Followed the simple
directions to plug it into a USB port on my Win 8.1 PC and a new drive
showed up. Yay!

EXCEPT that all files show up as size 0KB except for MLO and the boot
image! And they really appear to be 0KB to my computer as i cannot open
ANYTHING. Copied the whole contents to a local folder just in case, but
also all 0KB.

OK, so I went to beaglebord.org and started looking at the getting started
area. All good except that every file referred to like BONE_D64.exe or
beaglebone-getting-started.zip<http://beagleboard.org/static/App/beaglebone-getting-started.zip>
 is
not there. I get a "link not found" error and, looking at the site, I see
that the folders should be in the beagleboard.org/static folder tree, but
the folders they would be in, Apps, or Drivers, do not exist!

I have done google searches to find other sources of these files but they
all point back to this site!

Interestingly, most file in the beagleboard.org/static folder have a time
stamp from last night at 7:20PM which leads me to think that someone may
have been restoring files to the site from a backup and missed these
folders?

But anyone have any ideas on the 0KB file size I see for the USB mounted
disk?

thanks for your help...